The roll bender is a machine tool commonly used to curve plates. Its service life has direct affects on the company's profit-earning potential. Thus it is very important to incorporate maintenance into daily operations with an aim to achieve maximum durability, good energy-saving performance, and high production efficiency of the roll bender. The daily maintenance procedures are listed as below:
1. Apply lubricating oil to the required locations on the machine.
2. The plate bending process should be carried out with reference to the required specifications. The machine is able to process plates with a thickness of 20mm, maximum length of 2500mm, and maximum yield limit less than 250MPa.
3. When the power is on, check if the lower rollers can rotate freely both in positive and reverse directions and whether the upper roller can perform lifting and lowering movements. Make sure all the rollers function normally and are not stuck.
4. The operation should be carried out in strict accordance with the process procedure and required operating methods. When the upper roller reaches its limit position during its lifting or lowering movement, be aware of the operational safety.
5. The upper roller can be lifted or lowered after the main drive stops.
6. If there is any irregular noise, impact, and other abnormal phenomena during operation, please stop the machine immediately for machine inspection.
7. Operators need to cooperate with each other, and follow the instructions of the supervisor. With permission, operators should not start the machine.
8. Make sure the operators' hand is caught and drawn into the machine.
9. When operators need to lift the steel plate or rollers using the traveling crane, make sure the rollers and steel plates do not collide with the machine.
After the work is finished, operators need to clean the job site, cut off the power supply, and take care of the machine.